Sunday, July 12, 2009

soil saloon cyclocross races

the raptor classic: a series of 4 races, all in golden gate park on wednesday evenings. total D.I.Y. fun in the park, ride whateverthefuck bike you like, beer, campfire, then afterparty at benders.

week 1) i watched uri WIN the fucking thing on his new singlespeed 650b'er. i rode a lap on clare's cross concept and decided i would race next week.

week 2) my first off-road cycling race. did it on my serotta hardtail. so fun. had to stop along the route to take a shot of margarita and sing a song. first song that came to mind: vanilla ice. i dunno why. i decided that i need to build up a cross bike.

week 3) raced on my handsome (brand) frame that i transferred my beater parts onto. for now, its a singlespeed cx bike. so sick. i finished AFTER every single one of my friends that raced. steve, uri, david, raffa. it was so fun though.

next week: ss cx bike again. can't wait!

here's photos from other people's flickrs:









No comments: