Sunday, July 20, 2008

open house

the housing market in SF is a nightmare. finding a place is sooo tough. its super competitive, and a lot of times its just luck. even when you do, its way overpriced. but its a great place to live. its the most amazing city i've lived in thus far. i love it.

anyways, its impossible as an apartment manager to show apartments to every fucking retard that contacts you about them. i'd get like 15 emails a day from people who want to see the units. to solve this, i just have open houses, where like 40 people show up and get herded into a tiny studio like sheep. its the only efficient way to do it. this isn't my full-time job, so thats the way its gotta be. i'm a person, i have a life too.

anyways, i'm the kind of person that likes to give a shitload of info up front to preempt any stupid questions. i hate answering the same stupid questions to every idiot that emails me. here is the latest snippet from my recent craigslist ad:



Sorry, but due to the large number of emails I have received, I do not have enough time to make individual appointments with every single person to view them. To be fair, I will show them as a group to whomever shows up.

1. No, I will not show you the unit before the open house.
2. No, I will not show the unit at a later time after the open house.
3. No, you may not obtain an application prior to the open house.
4. If you can't make it to the open house, no need to email me to explain why you will not be in attendance.
5. If you will be attending, just show up. No need to email me to RSVP or extend any cordialities. I just don't care. I'm not the person who will be reviewing your application anyway.
6. Again, NO i will not make a personal appointment for you to see it. There is just not enough time to do this for EVERYONE.
7. If the studio is still available next week, I will repost this ad with the date of the next open house. Stay tuned.
8. Lets be honest, if you don't have at least decent credit, the management company probably won't approve you, so don't waste your time (or mine).

No comments: