Friday, May 2, 2008

some douche tried to spray me with pepper spray

yep, the title says it all. here's how it went down. . .

1. clare and i riding on market towards embarcadero on road bikes, to get sangwiches in north beach.

2. fat guy jaywalking near financial district, we go around him.

3. fat guy gets pissed, throws bagel at me, hitting my back.

4. i turn around, hop the curb, ride right up to him.

5. me: "wtf, asshole? you were jaywalking!"

6. him: "you call me asshole one more time and i'm going to beat the shit out of you!" (this guy is like 6' tall, thirtysomething, 250+, thinning hair, looks like the kind of dude that got fucked with a lot when he was younger, and really into video games. i think might be a security guard of some sort downtown)

7. me: "man, FUCK YOU asshole. don't throw shit at people! (he does nothing) whats up, if you're gonna talk shit, you better back it up?!"

8. him: (as he enters walgreens) "well. . . . maybe i'll spray you with pepper spray!" he does.

9. i duck, but it still gets on my helmet and jacket. luckily, i'm part ninja.

10. i step away, check the situation. i'm ok. a bystander who almost got sprayed recommends i call the police.

11. 911 call, give description of this douchebag.

12. he leaves walgreens, i follow. he asks why i'm following him, i reply, "its because you fucking assaulted me TWICE. the cops are on their way."

13. he ducks into a muni station. i don't follow him because i have to wait for the cops and they said not to follow this guy.

i don't know why i didn't just beat the hell out of the guy. he was bigger than me, but that makes no difference. i had a u-lock in my back pocket. the pepper spray still made my skin burn and irritated, but luckily it didn't get in my eyes. i could have pummeled him as he came out of walgreens. but i would've had to drop my guerciotti on the street for any passer-by to pick up. i guess i care more about my bike than i do about vigilante justice.

either way, i'm pissed. but i know i did take the high road. who knows what i'll do if i ever cross paths with that guy again. . . .this town isn't that big, its bound to happen.

i've lived in SF 8 months and this is already the 2nd physical altercation i've gotten into on my bike. the first guy wound up in the hospital i'm pretty sure. hopefully this is the last. . .

2 comments:

Velodrone said...

Out of all the people I know you are the nicest and most kind person who does not fuck with people.
ever!
And yet for some really fucked up reason things like this happen to you......
It makes me so angry that bad shitty things happen to people like you in the world and yet the evil little basterds(so many examples to choose from) inflict there terror and injustice to the world and innocent.
What goes around really goes around and will bite in the face...I hope
glad you, Clare and the Bike are good

??? said...

haha, you got a bagel thrown at you.