Wednesday, November 26, 2008

white zaffiro tires




a guy called today with a typical fixed-gear-parts-related-question, followed by a question so absurd that i thought he was just fucking with me.

guy: "hi. do you guys carry the white zaffiro tires?"

me: "yes. they are. . . let me see. . . $30. we also have the gran compe white tires for $60 each."

guy: "ok. um. . . do you have any experience with these tires? i mean, do they get dirty easily?"

me: (at a loss for words)"well, um. . . .they are white. they get dirty pretty much as soon as you leave your house. you could clean them, i suppose, but that would be sort of a losing proposition. unless you just like your tires to be clean. . ."

guy: "ok, thanks. bye!"

1 comment:

Bici Bella said...

hah kids today!.... here is an excerpt from an email I just got after I posted some cranks on C.list.... "currently i'm running an 18/42 track cog and i can skid ok.. however i want to be able to stop / skid without having to lean forward so much or even get out of my seat --- like the dudes in mash.. "