Monday, August 4, 2008

i broke my collarbone

it sucks. and a bone in my left hand. descending a super steep curvy road in marin headlands (conzelman rd- YES that one) on road bike. lucky it wasnt worse. helmet saved my head. fishtailed rear, straightened out and allllmost recovered, but had gotten too much speed, slid some more trying to speedcheck, clipped guardrail, went over bars. luckily not over guardrail! rocky cliffs below.

was with friends, clare came to rescue, picked up me and banged up guerciotti. mostly the slr saddle got annihilated, maybe a shifter too. went to UCSF hospital.

may need surgery, prob not- but dont know for sure yet. have the next few days off and more if necessary. gotta wait and see. hard to type 1 handed!

k

1 comment:

nate c. said...

to a quick recovery! my advice for broken bones: don't sleep on the physical therapy. take care man.