Wednesday, April 16, 2008

conversation with clueless guy on phone

me: "the best time to bring your bike to the shop is tomorrow morning, that way you can save a slot for your repairs on friday, before they are all booked up."

guy: "what time do you open?"

me: "we are open from 10-6."

guy: "will there be anyone there before you open?"

me: "sometimes, but you can't drop off your bike until we open, at 10 am."

guy: "and why not?"

me: "the only reason someone would come to work early is to do paperwork or work without distraction on something they need to finish, before we are open to the public and get sidetracked by helping customers or answering the telephone. if they had to open the doors early to let you in and work on your bike before we 'open', then that would be the opposite of why they decided to come to work early."

guy: "o . . . k . . ."

me: "see you at 10am, bye."

2 comments:

Velodrone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Velodrone said...

IM goig to come in ealry when you are working and bring in a frame and a bunch of components and say
alright Ken..
put this bitch together and leave
hahahhahaahha
wouldnt taht be shitty of me?
But I wouldnt do that
...but it would be funny to do it to somebody else though, Like someone at Adams Ave. bike shop
lol*